You Deserve Full Compensation After An AccidentWe Will Fight To Protect Your Rights.
Common Forms Of Negligence That Lead To Motorcycle Accidents
According to crash data, more than 90 percent of all traffic accidents are caused by some form of human error. 1 Tragically, not all crashes involve cars, trucks and other vehicles with protective metal frames. Many accidents involve motorcyclists who often suffer far greater injuries in a crash than other accident victims.
Understanding just how negligent and reckless behaviors can lead to motorcycle crashes is important for riders, as it can help them understand when to consult a lawyer in Colorado after being hurt in a wreck.
How Motorist Negligence Can Lead To Motorcycle Accidents
Other drivers and riders themselves can play a role in causing motorcycle accidents as a result of:
- Impaired driving — Drunk drivers and riders will generally experience slower reaction times, difficulty coordinating their movements and impaired perception and judgment. This combination of factors can significantly increase the risk of motorcycle accidents even if there are few other motorists on the road.
- Distracted driving — Distracted motorists can experience similar impairments to drunk motorists, and they can miss seeing as much as half of all the visual cues in their driving environments. This can lead to serious accidents when motorists in larger, heavier vehicles fail to look for or see riders in their proximity.
- Failing to follow traffic laws — When any motorist fails to comply with fundamental traffic laws (like stopping at red lights, obeying speed limits, etc.), again, the risk of a motorcycle accident can increase sharply.
Here, it should be noted that:
- Motorists can be negligent or reckless in other ways and, in doing so, contribute to motorcycle accidents.
- Negligent drivers who hit riders can be liable for compensating victims following these crashes.
- Even if riders may have been partially to blame for an accident, they may still be entitled to compensation if even one other party was more at fault than they were in causing the motorcycle accident.
Other Negligence That Can Contribute To Motorcycle Accidents
In addition to motorist negligence, other forms of negligence that can play a role in causing motorcycle crashes include (but are by no means limited to):
- Manufacturer negligence, which can occur when equipment these companies design or make is defective or faulty and equipment malfunctions cause accidents
- Trucking company negligence, which can arise, for instance, when trucking companies put dangerous, impaired or inexperienced drivers on the road and thesetruckers cause motorcycle accidents
- Municipalities’ or other entities’ negligence, which may come into play when their failure to maintain or repair the roads leads to motorcycle accidents
Get The Compensation You Need With Our Help
Trying to recover the compensation you need to fully heal from a motorcycle accident can be a challenge, especially if your focus is more on handling legal matters than getting better. If you don’t understand your rights, matters could get more problematic, especially if it results in a low-ball settlement that does not adequately cover the full cost of your injuries, vehicle damage and lost wages.
At the Law Office of James H. Guest, L.L.C., we will take the time to get to know you and will carefully review every detail of your case to make sure you are making the right legal decisions moving forward. One of the many benefits of working with our attorneys is that we will personally handle everything — from collecting crash reports, witness testimony and medical records to filing your personal injury claim.
We have had extensive interactions with insurance companies for more than three decades. We known how frustrating it can be to work with adjusters and secure the compensation you need to recover, which is why we handle all negotiations with insurers on behalf of our clients.
You’re in good hands with our lawyers because we truly care about getting you what you need to get back to your life.
Talk To Us – Retain Our Services – Let Us Help You
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, or if you have lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident, we can help you understand your options for financial recovery. Contact our Denver office to schedule a free initial consultation today with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Call 303-292-2992 or contact us online. You pay no fees if your case is not successful.
1: According to a 2015 report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Do You Need Compensation For Injuries?
We can help you.
Law Office of James H. Guest
Law Office of James H. Guest, L.L.C.
3333 South Bannock Street, Suite 1060
Englewood, CO 80110
Phone: 303-292-2992 Fax: 303-292-2882