You Deserve Fair Compensation After An AccidentWe Can And Will Fight To Protect Your Rights.
Seeking Justice For Motorcyclists In Denver And Across Colorado
Motorcycle crashes can leave people with chronic pain, expensive medical bills and possibly permanent impairments. Ultimately, these wrecks can have profound impacts on crash victims’ personal relationships, their ability to earn a living and maybe even their quality of life.
At the Law Office of James H. Guest, L.L.C., in Denver, our attorneys know how important it is for motorcycle accident survivors to pursue justice and recovery in the aftermath of these wrecks. That is why we are fully committed to providing survivors with vigorous advocacy and compassionate, comprehensive legal service as we help them fight for the compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Recent statistics from federal authorities 1 shed some light on just how common, damaging and deadly motorcycle wrecks can be:
- More than 4,000 motorcyclists are killed each year in the U.S. in traffic collisions
- Between 80,000 and 95,000 or more riders suffer injuries in vehicle crashes each year
- Motorcyclists account for approximately 14 percent of all traffic fatalities
- Motorcyclists are six times more likely to die in a crash than passengers in cars or other vehicles
- Fatal motorcycle accidents occur 28 times more often than other fatal motor vehicle accidents
- More than 90 percent of motorcycle accidents occur on city streets (non-interstate roads)
- Speeding is a factor in at least 1 in every 3 fatal motorcycle accidents
- In a little less than 40 percent of all single-vehicle, fatal motorcycle accidents, riders had blood alcohol contents (BACs) of at least 0.08
Would you like to see more accident statistics? Check out our motorcycle accident statistics page.
Even If You Violated Motorcycle Laws, You May Still Be Entitled To Compensation
Many motorcyclists wrongly assume they aren’t eligible for compensation because they were doing something reckless that caused them to break the law prior to the accident. This isn’t true, however. Colorado is a contributory negligence state, which means claimants are not barred from recovery just because they were negligent. Instead, recovery is diminished by the claimant’s portion of fault provided this portion is not greater than the defendant’s.
Our lawyers are ready to explain the law, your options and how to proceed. Taking a little time to learn more about your legal rights and options can make a huge impact on the success of your claim.
How Our Team Can Help You
Our attorneys understand the unique factors that distinguish motorcycle accidents from other types of motor vehicle crash cases because we’ve handled thousands of cases over the last 27 years. In fact, we know that:
- Negligent drivers commonly claim that they did not see the motorcycle rider — This can be particularly true when drivers are distracted or drunk, when wrecks occur at night or when blind-spot crashes occur.
- Insurance companies may blame the victims — This is a common theme in motorcycle accident litigation, as insurance companies are fixated on limiting or avoiding payouts (in an effort to protect and enhance their profits).
These and possibly other factors can make for a difficult, uphill battle when it is time for crash victims to seek the recoveries to which they are entitled.
Our lawyers are prepared for the challenge ahead and know how to protect and advance your rights. We will work tirelessly to pursue the best settlement possible, based on thecauses of the motorcycle wreck and the facts of the case.
While we always strive for the most favorable, efficient resolutions through negotiation, we are fully prepared to go to trial and present compelling evidence whenever that may be necessary to obtain full compensation.
Contact The Law Office of James H. Guest, LLC
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle wreck, call the Law Office of James H. Guest, L.L.C., to schedule a free initial consultation. To contact our Denver office, call303-292-2992 or contact us online. We work on a contingency basis, meaning there is no fee for our services if there is no recovery in your case.
1: According to a 2016 report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Do You Need Compensation For Injuries?
We can help you.
Law Office of James H. Guest
Law Office of James H. Guest, L.L.C.
3333 South Bannock Street, Suite 1060
Englewood, CO 80110
Phone: 303-292-2992 Fax: 303-292-2882