You Deserve Fair Compensation After An AccidentWe Can And Will Fight To Protect Your Rights.
What Should I Do If I’m In A Truck Accident In Colorado?
You never expect to be in a truck accident; but when one occurs, knowing what to do can be essential to protecting yourself and possibly your rights to financial recovery later.
At the Law Office of James H. Guest, L.L.C., we believe that the best way to help our clients protect their rights and best interests is to be informed. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the following six steps accident victims should take so our clients, from the very beginning, are putting their claim in the best possible position for maximum recovery.
Essential Steps To Take After A Semi-Trailer Truck Accident
- Call the police right away — If you are not too badly injured in the truck crash, call law enforcement authorities as soon as possible to report the collision. Police can help divert traffic, coordinate getting victims help and conduct their own investigations into the collision. Additionally, their accident reports can be invaluable later, especially if officers were able to identify some potential forms of negligence that may have contributed to the truck accident.
- Get medical attention — Whether you’re badly injured or you feel fine, make sure you get examined by a physician as soon as possible after the accident. Shock and adrenaline can prevent you from realizing the scope of your injuries, and doctors’ exams and reports following the accident can be pivotal to establishing the extent of the physical damage you suffered as a result of the collision.
- Exchange information with the other involved parties — If possible, get driving and contact information from the other parties involved in the accident. Be sure to document names, phone numbers, insurance providers and policy numbers and even vehicle-related information (such as license plate numbers and vehicle makes/models). If you are not able to get any of this information because you or someone else has been too badly injured in the truck accident, know that it can still be obtained later via the police report or with the help of a skilled lawyer.
- Take pictures — Try to snap as many photographs of the damage caused by the accident as possible. In addition to taking pictures of your vehicle and the other involved vehicles, also photograph any visible physical injuries you may have sustained and/or the damage to surrounding fixed objects. Photos can serve as critical evidence later.
- Report the collision to your insurer — Within a day or so of the truck accident, contact your insurance provider to report the collision. When filing this report, be sure to only discuss the facts of the accident and to not give an official recorded statement if you are not prepared to do so.
- Find out more about your rights and case — Contact an experienced truck accident lawyer for a review of your case and advice regarding your best moves for proceeding. An attorney can inform you if negligence may have contributed to the truck accident and, if so, who may be liable for compensating you for your damages and losses. Additionally, in cases of hit-and-run or situations involving an uninsured or underinsured truck driver, a lawyer can be helpful in filing a claim against your own insurance company and seeking recovery of damages that way.
Contact the Law Office of James H. Guest, L.L.C., in Denver
Feeling overwhelmed immediately after a collision with a semi-trailer or commercial truck is normal, but it doesn’t have to be a sustained state. The attorneys at the Law Office of James H. Guest, L.L.C., are here to help ease your burden and will do so from beginning to end.
We have more than 27 years of experience personally handling each truck accident case we take on. Lead attorney James H. Guest is well known for his attention to detail, focus on handling all of the legal paperwork and negotiations, as well as securing full and fair compensation for his clients and their families.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, contact our law firm to learn more about your financial recovery options. Contact us online or call 303-292-2992. Our initial consultations are always free and there is no fee for our services if there is no recovery in your case. We serve clients throughout the Denver area and elsewhere in Colorado.
Do You Need Compensation For Injuries?
We can help you.
Law Office of James H. Guest
Law Office of James H. Guest, L.L.C.
475 17th Street, Suite 960 Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303-292-2992 Fax: 303-292-2882