You Deserve Fair Compensation After An AccidentWe Can And Will Fight To Protect Your Rights.
Frequently Asked Truck Accident Questions
In fact, those hurt in a truck accident, as well as families who have lost loved ones to deadly accidents, may need answers and advice regarding who is liable for an accident and what to do next to get on the path to financial recovery.
To provide victims with some insight regarding their rights and possible options follow truck accidents, below are answers to some frequently asked questions about truck accident cases.
How is fault for a truck accident determined?
Fault determinations following truck accidents typically require investigations into whether any involved motorists broke any traffic laws and/or were acting negligently or carelessly immediately prior to the collision — such as talking on a cellphone or driving while intoxicated.
While police reports and witness accounts can be helpful in making fault determinations, sometimes experts — like accident reconstructionists or others — may be needed to pinpoint fault following a truck accident.
Who can be held liable for my injuries?
In general, some of the parties who are commonly at fault for causing truck accidents include but may not be limited to:
- Truck drivers or other motorists
- Trucking companies
- Vehicle equipment manufacturers
- The parties responsible for roadway construction and/or maintenance
How long do victims have to file truck accident cases in Colorado?
Two years from the date on which the accident occurred. This time frame is known as the statute of limitations. Trying to file a truck accident case after this statute of limitation has expired can result in a dismissal of victims’ cases.
Here it should also be noted that the sooner victims’ move forward with their truck accident cases, the better. This is generally because
How long do truck accident cases take to resolve?
There is no definitive answer to this question because:
- Every truck accident case is different.
- The details of a given accident or case will impact how complicated that case is.
- This, in turn, can affect how long it takes for that case to be resolved.
While you can get professional advice regarding the complexity of your truck accident case by contacting one of our attorneys, what we can tell you here is that the following factors are just some of the possible issues that can complicate truck accident cases and, consequently, increase the chances they will take longer to resolve:
- Multiple victims and/or liable parties
- Insurance companies debating or challenging the causes of the accident or the nature of victims’ injuries
- Trucking companies and/or vehicle equipment manufacturers being defendants in these cases
- Defendants being unwilling to negotiate or resolve cases outside of court
Do victims really need a lawyer to help them file truck accident cases?
Yes, they do need a lawyer if they are serious about protecting their rights and obtaining the best possible outcomes
- Gathering all of the necessary documents and evidence
- Crafting the strongest possible cases
- Holding negligent parties accountable
- Negotiating with at-fault parties and their insurers
- Securing the full amount of compensation to which victims are entitled
While our lawyers know that no amount of money can ever compensate people for permanent injuries or the death of a loved one, we also are aware that financial recoveries can be essential to helping victims with their physical and/or psychological recoveries. That is why our lawyers are tenacious about helping our clients secure the compensation they deserve.
Contacting The Law Office Of James H. Guest, L.L.C.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, or if you have lost a loved one to a fatal truck accident, contact the Law Office of James H. Guest, L.L.C., in Denver. We will handle all your legal matters so you can focus on what’s important: recovering and getting back to your life and family.
You can call our firm at 303-292-2992 or contact us online to find out more about your potential case and how we can assist you. We offer free initial consultations, and there is no fee for our services if there is no recovery in your case.
Do You Need Compensation For Injuries?
We can help you.
Law Office of James H. Guest
Law Office of James H. Guest, L.L.C.
475 17th Street, Suite 960 Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303-292-2992 Fax: 303-292-2882