A traffic collision can ruin your day at the very least. If the crash is more serious, however, the impacts can be as physically and financially damaging as they may be emotionally distressing.If you know what to do after a crash, you can start protecting a future claim for financial recovery. And this can be pivotal to healing, putting the damage of the wreck behind you, and reclaiming your life.
When a Wreck Happens
- Call the police and wait for them to arrive – Immediately, police can help direct traffic around the crash scene and get help to the people who need it. Additionally, police will investigate the crash and write an official crash report that can provide important details (and possibly evidence) regarding negligence later.
- Get checked out by an EMT or doctor – This can identify the injuries you suffered in the crash, especially those like head injuries that may require immediate medical care. While getting treatment can prevent your injuries from progressing or causing more harm to you, it can also result in medical reports with details about the extent of the physical damage you suffered in the crash.
- Exchange info with the other motorists – This info will be important in the ensuing claims process, so try to get it while you wait at the scene (if you are able to/you are not too badly injured).
- Take pictures – And try to take as many as you can of your vehicle, the other involved vehicles, and any surrounding features that may have been impacted by the crash (like traffic signs, trees, guardrails, etc.). Also, if you or your passengers have any visible injuries, take pictures of these. Accident scene photos can be crucial to establishing negligence or the accident causes later.
- Call your insurance provider – And report the accident. When doing this, do not admit fault, stick to the facts, and do not agree to give a formal/recorded statement if you are not ready to.
- Contact an attorney at the Law Office of James H. Guest – This will be the most important action to take following a traffic crash because one of our lawyers can immediately start protecting your rights while helping you pursue the compensation to which you may be entitled.
Contact a Denver Car Accident Lawyer at the Law Office of James H. Guest, LLC
If you or a loved one has been injured in a traffic wreck, contact a Denver car accident lawyer at the Law Office of James H. Guest, LLC for help with your financial recovery. Known for providing comprehensive legal representation to the victims of negligence, our attorneys are dedicated to helping our clients recover fair compensation for their medical bills, lost wages and other expenses.
Contact us by calling (303) 872-5283 or (888) 841-6593 or by emailing us via the contact form on this page. We offer free initial consultations, and there is no fee for our services if there is no recovery in your case.