In the time it took you to click on the link for this blog; the time it took for this page to load on your browser; and, the time it took you to start reading this article, a car accident occurred on a U.S. roadway.
A car accident happens once every minute, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Nearly every car accident results in property damage, personal injury, and/or some form of legal action, according to the NHTSA. Routine accidents not involving personal injury won’t require a car accident attorney.
If, however, your accident involves injury, medical costs, pain and suffering, emotional anguish, and any other form of suffering, retaining a personal injury attorney can be the key to financial recovery – and your overall recovery.
Auto Insurance Industry Findings
The average driver will be in at least three or four automobile accidents over a lifetime, according to auto insurance industry estimates. Studies have also concluded that:
- The average driver will file a car accident insurance claim once every 18 years, according to the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America.
- Every year, roughly 10 million car accidents occur in the U.S., including everything from train-car collisions to the slightest fender-bender dent, according to the National Safety Council (NSC).
- In 2009, the NSC reported that about 3 out of every 1,000 auto accidents involved a fatality.
- Every year, more than 2 million people are injured in car collisions.
- In 2010, the Insurance Research Council reported that the average personal injury claim settlement was just over $23,000 due to skyrocketing medical costs.
Car Accident Prevention
Believe it or not, if you regularly drive, you are already a statistic waiting to happen. So, why not stack the deck in your favor by decreasing the likelihood of getting into a car accident.
Here are some of the essential things to do to reduce your risk of an auto crash and stay injury free, according to industry experts:
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Don’t text or succumb to other distractions while driving.
- Obey the speed limits.
- Don’t drive drowsy and remain alert, especially during rush hour when most car accidents occur.
Protect Yourself from the Insurance Game
The insurance companies know the score and approximately how many accidents you’ll be in throughout your life. Sure, they seem to care about you and compassionate during office visits – that’s part of their job training. But, it’s important to know that they are in business to make a profit first and foremost. And that usually means that these companies will also fight to limit or avoid paying car accident claims.
That’s why it’s so important to find a personal injury attorney to represent you, help you protect your rights and get you on the path to financial recovery.
Contact a Denver Car Accident Lawyer at the Law Office of James H. Guest, LLC
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact a Denver car accident lawyer at the Law Office of James H. Guest, LLC for help with your financial recovery by calling 303-292-2992 or by emailing us via the contact form.
We offer free initial consultations, and there is no fee for our services if there is no recovery in your case.