Know the warning signs of medical malpractice so you know when to get help, a Denver medical malpractice lawyer explains.
Medical professionals are not always as experienced, careful or diligent as we would like to believe. Unfortunately, this can end up meaning that people don’t receive the level of care they expect and that, in some cases, medical malpractice ends up causing serious injuries to patients.Given that medical malpractice can come in many forms – and that it may not always be clear when malpractice has caused harm, below are some of the more common warnings signs of medical negligence.
While understanding these warnings signs can be essential to knowing when to get help, don’t hesitate to contact a Denver medical malpractice lawyer at the Law Office of James H. Guest, LLC if you suspect you have the victim of medical mistakes and negligence.
You May Be the Victim of Medical Malpractice If…
- You were diagnosed without any (or with limited) testing – Being diagnosed without receiving certain diagnostic tests (like blood and/or imaging tests, for instance) can be a red flag of medical malpractice. That’s because, without such testing, it can be unclear how a doctor came to a definitive diagnosis – and it’s far more likely that hasty guessing work/mistakes were at play.
- Your symptoms don’t fit your diagnosis – Misdiagnoses are one of the most common medical mistakes, and they can be among the most deadly. When symptoms don’t fit the diagnosis provided, start asking questions because the chances are that you may have been misdiagnosed.
- Your doctor gives you elusive (or no) answers about your condition/prognosis – Although certain conditions can come with uncertainty, medical professionals should be able to provide you with some answers about your diagnosis, treatments and prognosis. If you find that doctor seems to be giving you intentionally confusing or misleading answers, be suspicious, as this could be his or her way of trying to hide the medical mistakes (s)he may have made with your care.
- You have received very different opinions about your condition from different doctors – Getting a second or third opinion about your condition is never a bad idea, as it can verify what a doctor has told you – and it may even reveal when you have been misinformed, misdiagnosed and/or improperly cared for by another medical professional.
- You aren’t getting better even though you are receiving the prescribed treatments/care – If you don’t have a terminal condition and you seem to be getting worse even though you are receiving the prescribed care, again, be suspicious. This could mean that you have not been appropriately diagnosed and that, consequently, you are not receiving the right treatments for your condition.
Contact a Denver Medical Malpractice Lawyer at the Law Office of James H. Guest, LLC
If you or a loved one has been harmed by any medical mistakes or negligence, contact a Denver medical malpractice lawyer at the Law Office of James H. Guest, LLC for help with your financial recovery.
Contact us by calling (303) 292-2992 or by emailing us via the contact form on this page. We offer free initial consultations, and there is no fee for our services if there is no recovery in your case.
From our offices located in Denver, our attorneys provide superior personal injury representation to clients in Lakewood, Denver, Littleton, Arvada, Evergreen, Golden, Highlands Ranch, Westminster, Brighton, Thornton, Broomfield, Boulder, Parker, Englewood, Wheat Ridge, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Vail, Conifer, Castle Rock, Denver County, Adams County, Jefferson County, Douglas County, Arapahoe County, Boulder County, Broomfield County, El Paso County, Larimer County, Weld County, Eagle County, Summit County and throughout Colorado.